How many people can I have on my cook team?
Team fees include passes for eight (8) team members. Additional team passes can be purchased here. Price includes admission to: the BBQ Competition, Music on the Cumberland and Music City Car Show (Saturday only). Ask your coordinator for the team discount code.
Can I bring my RV?
We can accommodate most RV’s but you must coordinate this with the Competition Coordinator as space and hook-ups are limited.
Where can I stay?
The Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Downtown, Renaissance Nashville Downtown and Embassy Suites Nashville at Vanderbilt are our Host Hotels. These premium facilities are providing discounted rates for our teams. To reserve a room, please click or call.
What is the “Grand Ole Porker”
The Grand Ole Porker is the big daddy of awards. It is awarded to highest combined scoring Middle Tennessee MBN team in at least two categories.
Grand Old Porker Award Rules 2012
- Teams must compete in the MBN ( Memphis BBQ Network) contest.
- The majority of the team members must live in Middle Tennessee. (this will be verified).
- Teams must enter at least 2 MBN categories (shoulder, ribs or whole hog.)
- Winner will be the team with the highest 2 combined scores.
- If 3 categories entered, then the top two highest scores will be combined.
- Winner receives $1,000.00, trophy and bragging rights for 2012.
You can address additional questions to email@example.com