How many people can I have on my cook team?
Team fees include passes for eight (8) team members. Additional team passes can be purchased here. Price includes admission to the BBQ Competition, Music on the Cumberland and more.
Can I bring my RV?
The fairgrounds has RV spots. Teams needing an RV spot are encouraged to contact Deborah Dorman the The Tennessee State Fairgrounds at 615 862 5016 or email@example.com if your camper can’t fit in your cooking space.
Where can I stay?
The Sheraton Four Points & is our Host Hotel. This premium facility has discounted rates for our guest. To reserve a room, please click or call.
Sheraton Four Points
I-65/Old Hickory Blvd, 866-961-8096.
What is the “Grand Ole Porker”
The Grand Ole Porker is the big daddy of awards. It is awarded to highest combined scoring Middle Tennessee MBN team in at least two categories.
Grand Old Porker Award Rules 2014
- Teams must compete in the MBN ( Memphis BBQ Network) contest.
- The majority of the team members must live in Middle Tennessee. (this will be verified).
- Teams must enter at least 2 MBN categories (shoulder, ribs or whole hog.)
- Winner will be the team with the highest 2 combined scores.
- If 3 categories entered, then the top two highest scores will be combined.
- Winner receives $1,000.00, trophy and bragging rights for 2013.
You can address additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org