How many people can I have on my cook team?
Team fees include passes for eight (8) team members. Additional team passes can be purchased here. Price includes admission to the BBQ Competition, Music on the Cumberland and more.
Can I bring my RV?
We can accommodate most RV’s but you must coordinate this with the Competition Coordinator as space and hook-ups are limited.
Where can I stay?
The Renaissance Nashville Downtown & Embassy Suites Nashville at Vanderbilt are our Host Hotels. These premium facilities are providing discounted rates for our guest. To reserve a room, please click or call.
Renaissance Nashville Downtown 611 Commerce Street, 615-255-8400. Click here for Renaissance reservations.
Embassy Suites Nashville at Vanderbilt 1811 Broadway, 615-277-4963. Click here for Embassy Suite reservations
What is the “Grand Ole Porker”
The Grand Ole Porker is the big daddy of awards. It is awarded to highest combined scoring Middle Tennessee MBN team in at least two categories.
Grand Old Porker Award Rules 2013
- Teams must compete in the MBN ( Memphis BBQ Network) contest.
- The majority of the team members must live in Middle Tennessee. (this will be verified).
- Teams must enter at least 2 MBN categories (shoulder, ribs or whole hog.)
- Winner will be the team with the highest 2 combined scores.
- If 3 categories entered, then the top two highest scores will be combined.
- Winner receives $1,000.00, trophy and bragging rights for 2013.
You can address additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org